Thursday, March 30, 2006

Breaking News of No Particular Importance!



Well, today was Rachel's birthday. There wasn't a party, so to speak. Rachel is rather shy, and doesn't have a lot of friends at school. So we just had her younger cousin Abigail, and my brother Stauche and his wife, Lisa. Rachel turned nine uneventfully, and got lots of presents, which Abigail didn't get a chance to play with, and as a result there was a tense moment of nearly crying on the part of Abigail, but the crisis was averted when Lisa told her she could play with Rachel on the weekend.

Rachel received the following gifts, not that there will be a quiz.

She received 2 My Little Ponies™,
a set of markers™ and marker drawing paper™,
a virtual girlfriend™, who, if you ignore her, will get lippy and cop an attitude.
She received various Barbie™ products, including a movie and Barbie™ action figure, (keeping in mind, that when I say 'action', I mean, hold the Barbie™, and gently move her in an up and down, semi-walking kind of motion)
and a PlayStation™ game... Madagascar™
and some bobble-head™ cats...whatever they are,
and sidewalk chalk™
and bubbles™.
Oh, and clothes, from Old Navy™ - all in various shades of pink and purple.

We had a cake made with the Rachel In the Corn picture, and Rachel had the privilege of eating her own face. I don't recall being able to do that on my birthday ever, and I am not sure that I want to find out what it means to eat one's own face. It is psychologically disturbing to some degree.

We had Domino's™ pizza ... cheese and pepperoni, and assorted crap™ to eat. The crap™ was good, though I speculate that crap™ isn't good for you overall, so we didn't eat too much crap™. Rachel had face cake AND crap™, so generally speaking, a good time was had by all. Well, enough about me, how are all you guys doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!