Monday, April 14, 2008


Ballade No. 4 in F minor by Frédéric Chopin. Enjoy.


She is lovely as the piece she is playing. I could watch her for hours. This particular piece of Chopin is one of my favorites. Her name is Khatia Buniatishvili. She is from Georgia, and this is the 2008 Artur Rubinstein Piano Competition, which was held in Israel. She came in third place, but won the favorite category. I have a feeling she will be recording for many years, and I will be buying her albums. I found her quite by accident. I was looking for a response to Hugh Fitzgerald's Interludes, in which he highlights a lot of the best of American singers throughout the 30s and 40s. His selection at the time was Peggy Lee, and who could argue with him, except me, that's who, pardon the grammar. I wanted something more emotional than a mere interlude could provide...face it. Hugh's writing is deep, logical, and he hardly makes any typos. So cut the man some slack and let him have his interlude. Me? A good interlude would be THIS blog, which is now included in the Ferkakta Dinner Theatre. Sometimes, you need a good belly laugh.

When you have finished watching her play the ballade, watch her play the Debussy Ondine, and then be enchanted all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie. She looks and plays like an angel. I don't want to say what I'm thinking when she starts that swaying with her eyes closed. It's pretty hard not to go there.

    BTW, I'm Italian also. (Note the "i" at the end of my surname).

    I was on this blog one other time, I recall, although I certainly don't recall the circumstances. But I'll definitely be back.

    You've got the only blog I want to eat.

    Regards,

    HAID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grazie per la tua commentaria, Haid! I only wish I were really Italian. In spirit, only. My daughter's future mother in law is Italian, and we have been brushing off our dictionaries and cook books. I will definitely be going back to your site as well. Glad to have met you on Jihad Watch.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!