Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day: Wretched Doom and Misery Everywhere!

Time to bring out your aging hippies and let them celebrate Mother Earth as only they know how....which means you know nothing and they know everything, because they are better folk than you. Look at this Full frontal Solar Assault on Momma, and recoil in horror!


Photobucket
Yes, I used to look at these marvels of nature, that great, silent northern sky dance and think, "How marvelous are thy ways, Oh Lord!" I might have even found myself humming a hymn or two...you know the ones, "For the Beauty of the Earth", and one of my favorites, "I sing the Mighty Power of God." In the past. But no more. Because I'm scared.

Photobucket


Yes, that's right, friggin' scairt out of my wig. I have Modern Scientism to thank for that, thank you Modern Scientismists. If you had a plug nickel's worth of common sense, you'd be out of your heads with worry, followed by panic, and winding up doing "something, anything!" So long as you keep your tax dollars flowing to all the Modern Scientism Departments at all the colleges, who will dutifully report that if you aren't to blame for the next disaster, well, then, Mr. Sun is!

Photobucket

I heard a quote, the man who said it first escapes my memory, but the quote went like this:
"An atheist is a man who digs holes inwhich to hide from the machines he has made."
Now, if God wanted to shock and awe this planet into a new ice age, or is it a 4 degree warming disaster, I can't keep 'em straight anymore, he has a myriad of ways to do it. But the Aurora Borealis? C'mon!

On a more comforting note, Sean Gleeson (whose brother Jim won the 2007 Bulwer-Lytton Bad Fiction contest), puts Earth Day in proper perspective.

4 comments:

  1. Did someone say something about aging hippies? I resemble that remark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't. I am just aging! Did you see the Comedy Central video of the ex-Marine dressed incognito as a hippie, interviewing hippies in Berkeley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. I'll try to find time to check it out. Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Berkeley is such an embarrassment. It's hard not to wish for an invasion by Mongol hordes while the Marines stand by and watch.

    I just wanted to let you know I told you a story you might enjoy over at my joint. I responded to all your comments, in fact. Now don't leave more notes to which I must respond, because our mates may start wondering and I need actually to write a blog post one of these days! Right now life is too pressing. I need a blog like I need a hysterectomy.

    Now, where's the food, anyway? I loved the Greek thing, btw. I watched parts of it twice LMAO. It made me hungry, too.

    I'll be around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how busy people are, Haid. I laid off writing for quite a while, and decided I just didn't have it in me to always comment on the news, necessarily, so I redirected my efforts to writing about things I see around me...and food, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!