Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eating Babies: Updated for Tanis!

Facebook is ingenious for connecting people of like minds and wits. This is how I met MizzE, also known as Tanis. I love this lady, though we've never met, and primarily because we have the same wicked sense of humor. So I dug this one out of the archives for her, just because she posted this on facebook:


From August 20th, 2008.

Aaaah! The things you can make from marzipan!

It almost seems a crime to eat them.

You understand, don't you, that when Jonathan Swift said, "A young healthy child well nursed, is, at a year old, a most delicious nourishing and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout.", he was only kidding.

Just so we're on the same page, here. These babies are too startlingly realistic. Why, The Very Idea of popping one of the little candy tots into my mouth and letting it slowly melt on my tongue while my eyes roll dreamily in their sockets and.....

I just love babies!
(and marzipan, too.)

UPDATE: These younglings are NOT made of Marzipan, after all. They're made of *gulp* CLAY.

5 comments:

  1. is that spun sugar hair? Marzipan is some wonderful stuff in the hands of an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding! I was doing some image Googling for a Jonathan Swift essay I was planning to write when I came across these lovely pieces of edible art. Camille Allen does an exquisite job of them, doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm CRUSHED. Crushed with bitter disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you cant eat the babies now. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's always lambikins or veal, seanymph! And for that, I am eternally grateful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!