Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Great Food Battles of History, made yummy

This is a rehashed post for Stony, who sent me a most awesome video. Meanwhile, watch this a while.

H/T Thousand Sons @ Discarded Lies


Here are the players in this Epically Historical Mediterranean Food Fight:

Tabouleh

Baba Gannouj


Tatziki (cucumber dip)

Gyros

Falafel

Baklava


And Zorkmidden recounts how her great-grandfather was killed in that battle by the evil Imam Bayildi:

Imam Bayildi

A moment of silence for our Brave Heroes:

A Hero.

Now THIS is a food fight:

5 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this whole blog. Since Greek food is what I love the most, this is too funny. And thats the wildest food fight Ive ever seen hehehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, Seanymph, I just knew you would get this! I am a new convert to Orthodox Yumminess. I am even cooking it alot. I would say that we have become Mediterranean food aficionados in our house, and we are eating less of the Americano and more of the Hellenicious...pardon the pun. My eldest daughter, Emily doesn't like a lot of meat, so we have really become lovers of eggplant and chickpeas. No one but the youngest complains. Tonight I am going to make mashed potatoes with some pesto in it. How do you think it will turn out? I haven't ever done it before, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the hubster will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm that sounds like a good idea. I make garlic mashers alot so why wouldnt all the other things in pesto be good in it too. Let me know how it turns out. I may have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deliciousness prevailed, once again, and the hubster declared it a Happy Meal, without the plastic Toys of Impracticallity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will make a note of that ........I may have to try it soon! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!