Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Marriage of Past and Present.

Well, The People's Cube has created a Choir of Frankensteinian proportions.  Heh. And you didn't think it could get any worse. But yes! It does! Much, much worse.

Wasn't that just awful! Bad, bad, bad. Spankably bad, at that, Oleg!

Well, tonight the hubster is coming home after 10 days  in Kansas City painting for my sister. Would you believe that in Kansas City there is a guy named David Atkins, and he is also a house painter. My sister tried to hire him, but like all the other painters out there, he is booked for months in advance. Damn this economy! Will the depression among hypersterical journalists EVER end, I ask rhetorically.

The answer is: They can all go jump in the lake as far as I am concerned. I am making a comfort food dinner tonight, based upon the Pork Roast with Sauerkraut and Apples recipe I wrote about a few posts down. So I won't write it up here.  Dessert will be a lovely yellow cake with chocolate ganache. Happiness will continue to rule the roost, in spite of the middle child's efforts. (She has actually been well-behaved since I cut all sustenance off. She comes home for dinner and eats with us, and watching her beg for cigarette money is a pleasure I can hardly deny myself. Poor thing. Keep hoping, girl. You might actually kick the habit!)

1 comment:

  1. Yet more creepy juxtaposition.

    Wherever do you find it all?

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!