Saturday, October 4, 2008


Time for a new avatar. This is one I stole from Gerard Vanderleun, and from whom he stole it, I know not. But his writing is original, fresh and a mental libation every day. There isn't a spot on his blog that isn't funny or enlightening or both.

I know you'll miss the flaming oven avatrix, but since we got a new stove, there haven't been any flaming dinners in quite a while. Here is the history of my avatars, and I hope you like the new me.

My first foray into blogging: The Irksome Middle Child wanted to leave snark all over the comments. I thought I would teach her a valuable lesson in making that effort, and I posted this image on her MySpace site as one of her many 'friends' inder the name, Your Mother. Needless to say, she don' come round heah no mo.

Lovely, aren't I. That's the great thing about teh intarwebs, you can just about be anything or anyone and still be yourselves.

Next, I went for a more attractive, but less middle-aged look:



Well, I was getting the wrong kinds of attention from all the wrong kinds of Ahmeds. So I changed it, and kept this one for a period of many moons, and the Ahmeds all went away.


After awhile, I changed the name of the blog and kicked Judith up there out, that's her name, and went with Sra. Scherzophrenic and her flaming oven, which pretty much summed up my life. Putting on a good face while the house is burning down. The house is still burning down, but I am better dressed for the occasion.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. Thanks for the guided photo tour. I like the new avatar a lot. Goes with the theme a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had this outfit! I left out the fully burqa'ed Saudi shopper, which was at odds with the theme of being a total infidel. So I used the L'il Kimissheoutofjailyet picture, instead.I had another one I was using by the same artist who did the stove pic (which was altered to add the flames)And it is a picture of a pretty young blonde in a short skirt somewhere in an immaculate suburbia, and she has a rifle, aiming it to the sky. It was a hilarious picture, I can almost see SaraCuda posing for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's it. I am going to have to download firefox again, because I can't play videos or audio in this browser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way Safari renders my stuff and most other pages as well. And it's fully functional, and the typography is much more elegant than with any other browser.

    But I use FF3 for coding and checking out my pages, with the FireBug plugin.

    IE7 is an all-around problem browser. I just noticed that when you access my homepage with IE7, if you even pass the mouse over the Sands of Passion video window, it starts to play. Oy.

    I don't even have Opera installed any longer, and I'm glad you're giving it up, since I dumped it because it made my crap look like crap.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!