Wednesday, November 5, 2008

History

From Michelle Malkin:

Pray
By see-dubya • November 4, 2008 12:49 AM

I’ve felt a renewed purpose among the defenders of ordered liberty and limited government these last few days. I think the tide is turning, and if there were a few more days like we’ve had here lately I would be very confident that things would work out as I’d hoped.

I sure do wish the coal-plant audio had hit early last week. I wish the Palin exoneration had come sooner. I wish MKH’s video, the credit card story, Ayers’ relationship to Cuban Intelligence, the text of Ayers’ book, the Khalidi tape…well, we’ve tried. For good or ill, that part’s over. We’ve made our case. We’ve walked our routes and knocked on doors. We’ve given money. We’ve said our piece. To us is left only the simple duty of voting our conscience and remaining vigilant.

It is out of our hands now, but I do believe it is in someone else’s. And so there is still one more thing left to do.

Pray for our country. By God’s grace, we live in a Republic where we may govern ourselves. Pray God would guide us to do so wisely.

Here is the prayer for our country from the magnificent old 1928 Book of Common Prayer. While my private intercessions are a bit more…specific than this, these sentiments still ring true, across party lines, across the years, and across the issues:

ALMIGHTY God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favour and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honourable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogancy, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Senator Obama vowed a few days ago that, if elected, he will “fundamentally transform” the United States of America. (Silly me, I thought he was supposed to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, not remodel it.) And so he may get to change some laws. He’ll definitely try to take our money and our guns. His goons may break some heads and wreck some careers.

But that fundamental change he’s been waiting for is going to be harder than he realizes. He cannot break our spirits. He cannot fundamentally transform us from Americans into cosmopolitan “citizens of the world”. He can’t deface our pride, and his depredations will only make us cling even more joyfully to our faith. No matter who wins this election, on November 5th, and on January 20th, and every day thereafter we will still be free and emancipated citizens of the greatest nation on God’s earth. Obama and his judges cannot just decree us otherwise.

Not unless we let him. Not unless we give up and act like we’re whipped. Not unless we bow down.

I won’t bow down. Not to the Obamessiah. And I won’t change–or if I do, it certainly won’t be a change he directs, and it won’t be into his idea of what I ought to be.

But maybe that won’t even happen. I remember going to bed in November 2000 thinking the same sort of thing about the incipient presidency of Al Gore. And look how that worked out…

As I said, it is out of our hands. Remain vigilant. Do not bow down. Do not give up.

Pray.


Here are my thoughts, which are in agreement with see-dubya's:

I thought I would be saddened and fearful by the election of our first Marxist president....but somehow, I am not. I find myself completely at peace. While I was angry at the massive voter fraud, the thuggish behavior of the Oppressed, the collective gullibility of incumbecile American voters, I am still filled with wonder and awe at our great big country, and hope that none of the dire predictions of a New Civil War come to pass. At least for the moment.

My first task today is to say a prayer for our new president and our country:

Father of us all, grant our new leaders wisdom. Keep them from avarice and greed and an unholy lust for power. Grant them, Oh Lord, humility and a call to duty in service of their countrymen, and not themselves.

Grant us wisdom to not complain, but to work diligently, with contentment and thanksgiving, and to remember always first to acknowledge Your Providence for allowing us to live in peace with each other in our nation, regardless of our differences and that we not forget You in any matter, great or small.

Our Father, which art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, in Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, For Thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen

Congratulations, Mr. Obama. May your reign be just and wise.

America The Beautiful - Ray Charles

Update: Pamela Geller is reporting on what may come to pass in the not far off future: Because it is already happening now: 




Dennis received this from a woman who is very active in the Birmingham (MI) Republican Women's Club. She, in turn, received it from the woman who's daughter was stiffed on the tip. Looks as though the daughter had used her cell to capture the pic and send it to her mom. Guess there won't be much "turning of the other cheek" during the Obama Administration.

I think we have just seen the beginning. My daughter is working in a bar in Chicago right now,12:20am. She was waiting on a table of 6 black men and this is the tip they left her. Open the attachment. It shows the paper that they left her on the table as her tip. So as we are watching the first black President giving his acceptance speech the black Americans are now calling the White House the Black house (and my daughter) "Bitch." I am so upset!

7 comments:

  1. Amen.

    A lot of that goin' 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snagged this info and posted it on my other blog. I spoke from my heart about being against racism and still they think Im promoting it by showing that pic and talking about it. I told them if you hide it, you cannot stop it or fix it. Ironically those that do get it......well we ended up having such a wonderful party on my blog!

    Sadly there are always ones tho that seem to think a party during a very serious posting about hate and racism.......shouldnt be allowed. What else are they going to stop me from doing. Sigh. The noose is tighting. I just read on someones blog from Ark. that his childs school was shut down , guns and possible bomb in a very racial school of all kinds. He is very angry and warning all this is whats to come. I fear after seeing this on your blog, what that man said happened at the school and a few more friends who in rl faced being verbally abused in the name of the Big O that this is just the tip of what is coming to this country. Batten down the hatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea Nymph, I believe there are parts of this country where hatreds and suspicions of others run so deeply, that there is no fixin' it. They will always be a source of contention. Like you, I don't think it helps by pretending that these problems go away or that they don't exist, and we shouldn't talk about them. Racism is a vexing issue, since it has been monopolized by the race racketeers.
    We are already seeing that for many blacks and liberals, this isn't a validation of their philosophies so much as "now it's payback." And there will be blood, make no bones about it. It is really up to us to now defend ourselves and our loved ones. I hate the possibility of being afraid of black folks, after it has taken us so long to get to this point. Satan never sleeps, however, and evil is a foot. You can feel the chill coming, and it isn't Hell freezing over, either. It is a truly evil regime gearing up and willing to do anything to see its will carried out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on a friends blog the other day. She was speaking her views of all of this and said shes tired of being called racist when shes not. She even has mixed race grandkids. Some took offense to all of it tho including the comments. A mexican woman started attacking another for saying the big O may not be American, another said hes mixed race, which side of his face is white?

    But this mexican woman said one of the vilest nastiest things I ever saw anyone say and I had to speak out. Sadly after all my words she still doesnt get it. But she basically said..he is American and those that dont like it can leave the country. That the minorties own this country now and those that dont like it can leave HER Country!

    I almost puked. I told her how nasty I thought that line was and that no American should ever say that to other Americans.

    Pray for this country people if thats whats out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jewel7:01 PM

    I have found the ugliest hypocrisy among the designated minority groups. But lately, I have noticed that many people are no longer afraid of being called a racist, at least white folk I know, because a majority of white people elected a black man. I think the best response to all the hyphenation going on with the permanent victim class is Tiger Woods. He calls himself, tongue in cheek of course, CaBlanAsian which is his blend of white, black and Thai. He reminded those who were upset with him that he didn't designate himself solely as a black man, that his mother is Thai, and he loves her every bit as his father who is mixed race. In my own community, there are mixed race kids, both black-white and black-cuban or puerto rican, or white/mexican. When I grew up in Tacoma Washington, all the kids in my class but for a few, were Japanese Whites, and that is because of the AFB nearby. It is really time to strongly put away this nonsense about white guilt. We need to start boasting of our forefather's determination to end the slave trade, to end slavery, to end jim crow laws of the south. I would recommend, sister, that you read Patrick Moynihan's devastating criticism of Welfare and use that in arguments against those small minded racists who scream racism, but themselves are racists. Laugh at them and don't be ashamed anymore. We aren't supremecists, we aren't Aryan nations, and we aren't Klansmen. We are tired of being painted with the same bloody brush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We aren't supremecists, we aren't Aryan nations, and we aren't Klansmen. We are tired of being painted with the same bloody brush."

    Exactly! Its just so painful tho to see this happening in this country. I never thought like these people , think I do. Sadly they are going to recreate all the hate they thought was out there and wasnt because of their own hate and blindness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fear there will be even more pain to come, too. And when it does, look for the scape goating to start. We should start a pool to see who is going to be blamed first for all society's newly found ills. I'm betting it will start with the Rebublicans. No one loathes a Republican like a fellow Republican. Expect a lot of public self-denunciation. Chairman Mao would be proud.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!