Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Hobby. Need Halp with my Burfday Present




I got a Fuji Finepix s9000 for my birthday and I haven't even touched it yet. Fact is...I'm scared of the thing. Scared of breaking it, scared of taking crappy pictures, but wanting to take pictures. I just don't know where to begin. I love photography, and I want to include my own photos in the body of my essays, and this stupid fear of overwhelming lousiness is just keeping me frozen out of the enjoyment of my birthday present. I am hoping some of the people who read this little blog might be able to give me some good advice on taking pictures and just using the camera. I don't even know what the terms are, and from reading the reviews at Amazon, this is a pretty technical camera, and although I have the manual, I've downloaded it so that I can embiggen the print - my eyes don't see as well as they used to.
Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and encouragement in my new midlife crisis.
(Apparently,  I am not the only one blogging with a fear of making videos or taking pictures.)

4 comments:

  1. I'll get to you backchannel where there is room to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jewel:

    point the damned thing at the picture you see.

    push the button. if you don't like the picture you saw, take another until the picture matches what you saw.

    save it.

    john jay

    p.s. and, this observation. it is as dr. john said of love making, "do it wrong until you do it right," and enjoy. it only gets better over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, John, but I'd rather start off doing it right from the git go.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!