Friday, October 15, 2010

Chopin Erotica: Khatia Buniatishvili

This is a reprint from 2008. Just because she's so exquisite and lovely. I have a girl crush on her. So will you.




Ballade No. 4 in F minor by Frédéric Chopin. Enjoy.


She is lovely as the piece she is playing. I could watch her for hours. This particular piece of Chopin is one of my favorites. Her name is Khatia Buniatishvili. She is from Georgia, and this is the 2008 Artur Rubinstein Piano Competition, which was held in Israel. She came in third place, but won the favorite category. I have a feeling she will be recording for many years, and I will be buying her albums. I found her quite by accident. I was looking for a response to Hugh Fitzgerald's Interludes, in which he highlights a lot of the best of American singers throughout the 30s and 40s. His selection at the time was Peggy Lee, and who could argue with him, except me, that's who, pardon the grammar. I wanted something more emotional than a mere interlude could provide...face it. Hugh's writing is deep, logical, and he hardly makes any typos. So cut the man some slack and let him have his interlude. Me? A good interlude would be THIS blog, which is now included in the Ferkakta Dinner Theatre. Sometimes, you need a good belly laugh.
When you have finished watching her play the ballade, watch her play the Debussy Ondine, and then be enchanted all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!