Sunday, December 26, 2010

If He was not Flesh....

One of my daily pilgrimages on the interwebs is Cost of Discipleship. There, Brother Romanós observes and notes the spiritual minutiae that if I didn't stop there to reflect, I'd miss something. His simple faith, in the Eastern Orthodox tradition, is by no means 'denominational' in the sense of the word that he believes only the Orthodox Christian is saved and all the rest of y'all are Hell-bound sinners. Far from it. He keeps his faith simple, focused and entirely upon Jesus, using only the best from every flavor of our rich and vast faith. His essay of this hour is so full of, how shall I say it...positive reinforcements....that once you have read it, your faith is bolstered an hundred fold. I am looking forward to the day, when the rewards are given, to be able to point to this brother and testify all he has done to help me in my walk. God bless you, Romanós, and may your year bear much spiritual fruit. You have been in season and out of season with an apt and ample word or three, and I thank you from the depths of my soul.

Consider what the downfall of Byzantium hath wrought, and strengthen the things that remain. Our enemy, the Devil, is on the warpath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!