Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Baby!



From my letters to Daphne:

12:17 PM:  Contractions are starting! I'm timing them to see when we go in. Today may be the day that lives in infancy! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

12:45 PM:  I will be liveblogging the birth. Don't have a laptop, but I will be creative about it and get it posted. Blogger has a phone-blogging feature.

1:57 PM: She's nervous and pacing. Walking helps. She's watching 16 and Pregnant on television right now, and thankful she's not married to a total loser. Heh. Life is going to get real interesting, real fast.

4:58 PM: Well, the contractions have subsided again. Maybe they'll start up in the wee, small hours of the morning. The way they ought to. All the signs point to 'now' or 'later'. I will write my heart out. I'm settling on Nonna as the name he should address me. No Italian in my blood, but damn, I don't want to hear Gramma or Granny. Grannybones will get him confined to the cryin' room, soon as he's old enough to try and say it.

She's definitely going the epidural route. He's a big 'un.  I didn't go epidural. I thought I was man
enough to handle all that pain. All three times.  At least there's a ¡Nunca jam├ís! in my future.

Tomorrow she has a doctor's appointment, and they may induce labor then, if she doesn't go into labor, tonight.

Keeping you up-to-date, your erstwhile baby-blogger on the beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!