Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This should clear everything up

Night workers never work according to reality. My shift starts at 11 pm the night BEFORE the day I am scheduled to work. In other words, I am scheduled for Wednesday, but I start work on Tuesday night. Holiday shifts are even more confusing, in that I start well before the midnight hour, and usually finish before the midnight hour, but technically, they pay me for working the following day. Confused? Yes, of course you are. So I came up with a solution for people like myself who work from one day into the next:

Normal people calendar:  Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

Abnormal people calendar: Sunnight, Monnight, Tuesnight, Wednesnight, Thursnight, Frinight and Saturnight.

See what a simple thing of clarity it is? Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!