Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Infidelicacies Café is Closed for Lent

If you are looking for the café known as Tasty Infidelicacies, it is closed for Lent. Instead, I shall be paring down, reassessing, and walking a different kind of trail for awhile. Necessary things always intrude to make you decide what is important and what isn't. Right now, all the pretty adornments, the goo-gaws that tell me who comes here and who reads, how many visits and the various noises and detractions are gone. Hopefully not forever, just for now.

We are all feeling a little more apprehensive this year, the specter of Unspeakable Evil is rising from its sepulcher and making its presence known far and wide, and the only way out for me as a Christian, begins and ends with the Cross. I shall try to write things in this space with that in mind. If you are feeling so inclined, tell me about it in the comments section.

For now, I am reminding myself  how sin sick I am by saying  "God, have mercy on me a sinner."

4 comments:

  1. Jewel,
    Are you ok?
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm okay, sis. Just a little more reflective than usual. Trying to cultivate a sober and serious mind. Trying to shut all the noise out of my brain. It gets crowded with worries, nonsense and other distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your inner re-do is as beautiful as the Cafe's, well then we'll all be blessed.

    May your fast bring you His peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mizz E.There are several things going on here that will require a sturdier soul, and they aren't just economic or personal. Pray for this little family whose 7 year old is in a coma. She is a lovely little girl, and her parents and brother are devastated. We are awaiting the final news any day, now. It isn't a question of her being in a persistent vegetative state any longer, but when and how it all shuts down.
    I'm trying to gather my thoughts about her mother, whom I know well, and how I would react to being in her position.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!