Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Reaming, Keep Dreaming, Hope there's some change left


Eat my heart out, IRS man.

Photobucket



Income Tax Time – The Ides of April

Beware the Ides of March, Caesar,
Brutus and the Senate will depower you
by killing you. You will breathe your
last, never again to hear someone ask, “How’re you?”

Beware the Ides of April, taxpayers,
when the IRS will devalue you.
The tax collector whacks layers
from your wealth – so much so, ye’ll cry: Boo-hoo!

Take me seriously – I mean not to be funny.
Beware the IRS, where the tax collectors lurk.
They whittle down your money
with a pencil-sharpened dirk.

And why do they extract
large chunks from your wallet?
To give to ruling dictators, in fact.
“Foreign Policy” is what they call it.

And to liquidate the nine trillion dollar foreign debt,
which never happens – like Topsy, it just grows and grows.
Them taxes get collected, and yet
no one knows where that money goes.

And, oh yes, the five trillion dollar national debt
owed to We the People. Excuse it me,
but this one really gets me upset –
it‘s what our reps “borrowed” from Social Security –

our retirement fund – to fund their own pet projects.
Which is why SS is in trouble. He who objects,
for example, you, if you fail
to pay your taxes, will end up in jail!

And have you ever wondered why
Soc Sec and Medi-Care are in trouble?
It’s because, that rep of yours, you buy
his private med insurance and retirement.
which is why he doesn’t give a gee whiz
about yours because he’ll certainly get his.
That’s where some of your taxes went.
I’m sorry that I broke your bubble.

So beware the Ides of April, taxpayers,
when the IRS will devalue you.
The tax collector whacks layers
from your wealth – so much so, ye’ll cry: Boo-hoo!

And while you’re at it, beware the guy you voted for.
For all you’ve done for him, you’ll discover he’s noted for
doing nothing for you. I never hear from my politico
but for a glowing self-written report , wouldn’t you know,
just before election day, telling of all he’s done for me,
whereas I know for a fact he’s done nothing but ignore me.

raggindragon
The Poetry Showcase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!