Sunday, July 31, 2011

What's Good for the Goose is Worth Taking a Gander

One of the sillier movements in the swirling of the mind shit at the bottom of the toilet known as academia is the 'gender neutral' fetish. Surely the end of the ages is upon us.

Consider the bromide I found at tumblr while holding your nose:

Pronoun question. I need your opinions.
anythingnonbinary:

I try to refer to everybody with gender neutral pronouns because I feel it’s time the world stops seperating the world by sex/gender. Problem is I then realize if these people have requested and pointed out the gendered pronouns they prefer - I need to respect that. After all I would want people respecting my choice, but then I’m just going with the idea that people should be seperated and labeled by their sex/gender.

So I guess my question is, what do you guys think? Continue using gender neutral pronouns even though the person has made it clear which they prefer? Or respect their wishes and take into account that this is how the world is?

Submit your answer, put in my inbox if you want me to respond to it with my opinion as well, or just respond to this post :) Although chances are I might not see it if you do.

X Haiden
S/H/IT works for me…pretty much sums up the idiocy of the gender neutral imbeciles currently all the angry rage in Psilly Pseudo-Academicland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, say something!