Monday, March 5, 2012

I need new reading glasses

I must be getting old. I completely misread this want ad in the local paper. I actually thought being experienced in RAVING, I might have a future job as a SCREED OPERATOR:

Burkholder Paving EXPERIENCED PAVING PERSONNEL Burkholder Paving, a Martin Limestone company, is a recognized leader in the paving industry. We are a successful company with opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. We have immediate openings for experienced paving personnel in the following positions: Paving Laborer, Screed Operator and Paver Operator. All three positions involve working as a vitally important member of a paving crew to ensure a quality paved surface on all jobs performed by the crew. The ideal candidate will have the following: experience working as a Paving Laborer, Screed Operator and/or Paver Operator; the ability to work 8 to 10+ hours per day; a valid PA driver’s license; and, either a Class A or B CDL or the willingness to obtain one with assistance from the company. These positions offer a competitive wage and excellent employee benefits. Qualified individuals should submit a resume and wage history to: Martin Limestone, Inc., P.O. Box 550, Blue Ball, PA 17506, Attn: Director, Human Resources OR apply in person at: Martin Limestone, Inc. 3580 Division Highway, East Earl, PA 17519. Feel free to visit our website at www.martinlimestone.com for more details concerning our company. Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V We encourage minorities and females to apply!

I thought they were talking about experienced RAVERS, not PAVERS. Damn. Missed it by THAT much.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my God! It's so good to see you're back blogging where I can find you! I love the Mother Effingby's Maledictions too, great stuff! I'll try to visit more often, now that I know you're here.

    (Please excuse the 'oh my God!' at the beginning, I don't usually say such things except when quoting or imitating others, but in your case I really mean it, like, 'oh my God, thank You!' for inciting one of my favorite of Your revolutionaries, way better than Rosa Luxemburg! Keep writing. You keep me alive.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Romanos, welcome back to Amerikkka! We are quickly sliding into the insane season. There's way too much anger and stupidity in the world. I just need a moment to scream, sometimes! God Bless you, Brother~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Sis, and let me scream with you. This roller-coaster we're on might just be taking the steepest, darkest plunge ever...yyyyyooooooowwwww!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!