Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Derrick Bell's Excellent Adventure in White Privilege

image
Derrick Bell

The fascinating thing about Derrick Bell is that he became a success within the Evil Capitalistic System of White Privilege™:

Tenured professor at a Prestigious Ivy League University? Yup!

Famous through the medium of television interviews and celebrated as a hero.

Wealthy through selling books and persuading others of his beliefs.

He garnered for himself a following of acolytes, one of whom is the president of the United States.

For an oppressed member of the permanent class of professional victims, he did quite well for himself.

All thanks to a Society of Privileged Whites.

2 comments:

  1. Where have you disappeared to? I haven't heard from you in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewel1:33 AM

    I have become a nonentity. Or at least, I'm trying. I limit my internet use to wee hours.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, say something!